About Lewis County District 2
Toledo Fire Department was formed by a vote of the people by special election on May 10, 1947.
Toledo Community Ambulance was licensed to operate by the Department of State on May 2, 1958.
Toledo Fire Department became Lewis County Fire Protection District 2 and became a separate entity from the City of Toledo on February 3, 1986.
Toledo Fire Department’s first fire apparatus was a 1939 Dodge Open Cab Pumper, which was repurchased by the Toledo Fire Department Volunteer Association in April 2006. The Toledo Fire Department Volunteer Association is in the process of restoring the apparatus.
Lewis County Fire District 2 currently on average has twenty volunteers, who donate their time to serve the citizens of Toledo and outlaying areas. Lewis County Fire District 2 extends over ninety-eight square miles and is inhabited by approximately 5,300 residences.
Lewis County Fire District 2 maintains three Fire Stations to best serve the citizens of Toledo.
Lewis County Fire District 2 is governed by three elected commissioners which serve for a six year term. Commissioners are responsible for the overall operational and financial determinations of the district. Daily operations are managed by a full-time District Chief, who is employed at the will of the commissioners.
Today, Lewis County Fire District 2 has a full staff of EMT/Firefighters that work around-the-clock shifts to provide the citizens of Toledo, WA and surrounding areas of Lewis County with historically quick response times for emergency and fire calls. Among our employees, District 2 also has several active volunteers and continues to grow to keep up with the needs of the community.